Craving something sweet, but running out of time to bake something tasty and warm? This cake will only take you 5 minutes, and it’s healthy, very simple and delicious as well! It is called a mug cake, and as the name suggests, it is a cake in a mug. Your only tools are a big mug and a microwave. I started making them a couple of weeks ago, and I am in love. The texture of the cake is spongy, soft and moist and anyone can make them! This one features apple and cinnamon, a match made in heaven.Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons oats ground up in a coffee grinder, blender or processor
- 1 tablespoons almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 free range egg
- 2 tablespoons Greek/soja/plain yoghurt or 2 tablespoons (nut/soja) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 apple, coarsely grated
- Use a microwave- safe and large mug because your cake will rise in the microwave. Don’t fill it more than half full, to avoid overflow.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mug: oats, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, flaxseeds and sea salt. Mix well with a spoon.
- Crack the egg, add it to the mug mix thoroughly.
- Add the wet ingredients to the mug: yoghurt or milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil and the grated apple. Mix again very well.
- Pop your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. This will depend a little bit on your particular microwave, but the cake is ready until it has stopped rising, but still looks wet. The longer it cooks, the drier it will become. Keep an eye on the mug because it will rise quite quickly!
- Carefully remove it from the microwave and either eat out of the mug or tip onto a plate and serve with some fruit.
Enjoy your apple- cinnamon mug cake!
Lots of love, Leila
-Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain-